Exploring ideas and collaborations toward a project at the University of Liverpool.
A pilot two-day workshop hosted by the Central Asian Studies Institute at AUCA.
Citizens’ organisations, lawyers, and members of the public are welcome to join the discussion. Working languages: English and Russian.
Please apply by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Drawing on lessons from the history of land and underground resource ownership, how can a legal framework be redesigned to make a greater difference in citizens’ lives and opportunities in Central Asia and foster more sustainable and inclusive investment practices?
Thursday 7 June
10:30-11:00am Dr Mavluda Sattorova, (University of Liverpool, Law) Global norms, local solutions: underground resources and citizens’ rights in a dynamic perspective, followed by Q&A.
11:00-11:30 Coffee break
11:30-12:20pm Toward a history of mining laws for Central Asia.
Akmal Bazarbayev (Uzbekistan Academy of Sciences)
Dr Beatrice Penati (U of Liverpool)
1:30-3:15pm Voices from the Third Sector
With Ecomuseum (Karaganda), Nashe pravo, CAMP Alatoo.
Friday 8 June
9:30-10:30am Political Science and Law perspectives on the current situation.
Dr Asel Doolotkeldiyeva (Kyrgyz-Turkish Manas University)
Dr Begayim Esenkulova (AUCA)
10:30-10:50am Coffee Break
10:50-12:30 Focus groups discussion
12:30-1:10pm Wrap-up & discussion: Where do we go from here? Chair: Dr Mavluda Sattorova.
This event is over
You can find upcoming event on these pages:
- Upcoming Events in Bishkek
- Things to do in Bishkek today
- What to do in Bishkek tomorrow
- The international mailing list for Bishkek
Upcoming events in the category Seminar:
- „Start Up“ Seminar - 26.09.2018 - 27.09.2018 - 09:00 - 17:00
- Market-oriented Management - 08.10.2018 - 09.10.2018 - 09:00 - 17:00
- Marketing Master Class - 30.10.2018 - 31.10.2018 - 09:00 - 17:00
- Customer Service Seminar - 21.11.2018 - 22.11.2018 - 09:00 - 17:00
- Foundations of Management - 26.11.2018 - 30.11.2018 - 08:30 - 17:00
- Leadership Seminar - 03.12.2018 - 06.12.2018 - 08:30 - 17:00
- Project-Management - 10.12.2018 - 12.12.2018 - 08:30 - 17:00
07.06.2018 - 08.06.2018
09:15 - 15:15 h
7/6 Aaly Tokombaev Street, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan